November 23, 2005

短信一月追

The name of this movie, 短信一月追, means "short message, chase for a month". The first thing that I noticed about this movie is that the main character, 賦佳 (played by 古巨基) sounded just like the people in the CDs that accompany 師大's textbooks. It's kind of amazing. I've been told by literally dozens of Taiwanese people that nobody talks like the people from my old textbook (視聽華語). Well, I guess they're all wrong. Apparently, plenty of mainlanders and Hongkongers still talk just like that. The main character from 短信一月追 isn't some crotchety old Chinese teacher either; he's a hip, teenage, cellphone toting pizza restaurant employee who can ride a bicycle like a bat out of hell. Oh, and he's hopelessly in love with his best friend's girlfriend, 雪薇 (played by 張韶涵).

The movie begins with a message from his friend, who is studying in the US. His friend says that he's dying and needs someone to take care of his girlfriend for him, someone to make sure she doesn't feel too lonely and hurt. From there the plot takes all kinds of ridiculous and yet somewhat plausible twists. The movie was really sappy. On the good side, though, the plot wasn't too predictable. I can't really say I would have chosen this movie if I weren't trying to improve my Chinese. It was still entertaining, though.


Rating: 2.5/5

Comments may only be made from the Movies Section

1 Comments:

At 11/23/2005 10:48:00 PM, Blogger 225712012 said...

hello mate. whats this about a categories hack?? can you send me a link or something?
much obliged.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home